A human body consists of 207 bones. If one bone gets injured or unable to function correctly, it can become a great source of pain and discomfort. In case of injuries, many people think of resting for a few days and resuming their healthy life. However, not all minor injuries are minor. Without medical intervention, some minor injuries might produce long-term complications and disease.
An orthopaedic surgeon is a professional doctor who specializes in treatments of bone ailments. Are you suffering from a bone injury? Are you confused about whether to visit a general physician or the best orthopaedic specialist in Wakad? Here are a few guidelines to help you determine when to choose an orthopaedic physician:
- A patient suffering from joint pain or musculoskeletal pain that started after an injury
- A progressive hip or knee pain which is getting worse with weight gain
- Severe joint pain restricting your daily movements
- Moderate or advanced knee or hip arthritis
- Past unsuccessful treatment for knee or hip pain
- Recommended a joint replacement by their doctor
Every patient’s medical needs and treatment approaches are different, and Alpha Hospital first evaluates the patient’s thorough medical history before proceeding with customized treatment. Our well-accomplished doctors and state of the art facility have made us the most-sought orthopaedic hospital in town.
Treatments Provided by Orthopaedic Surgeons
At first, our orthopaedic doctors explore non-surgical options to cure any bone or joint ailments. In case the medication and rehabilitation program failed to offer satisfactory results, our orthopaedic surgeons recommend a bone surgery to repair and correct an injury. Following are the conditions treated by an orthopaedic surgeon.
- Back pain, ruptured disks, and Spinal Stenosis
- Bone tumors
- Arthritis and bone injuries
- Orthopaedic trauma
- Limb lengthening
- Foot, ankle, and tendon injuries