Psoriasis Treatment In PCMC
Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition caused by an overactive immune system. Psoriasis is a skin disorder that causes skin cells to multiply up to 10 times faster than normal. This makes the skin build up into bumpy red patches covered with white scales. They can grow anywhere, but most appear on the scalp, elbows, knees, and lower back. Psoriasis can’t be passed from person to person. It does sometimes happen in members of the same family.
Psoriasis usually appears in early adulthood. For most people, it affects just a few areas. In severe cases, psoriasis can cover large parts of the body. The patches can heal and then come back throughout a person’s life. Symptoms include flaking, inflammation, and thick, white, silver, or red patches of skin.
There are are many treatments available to cure/treat psoriasis. Your doctor will select a treatment plan that is right for you based on the size of your rash, where it is on your body, your age, your overall health, and other things. Common treatments include:
- Steroid creams
- Moisturizers for dry skin
- Coal tar
- Vitamin D analogs
- Retinoid creams
Treatments for moderate to severe psoriasis include:
- Light Therapy : Ultra violet light to slow the growth of skin cells. PUVA treatment is UV light with psoralen.
- Methotrexate : Is the drug of choice in many patient suffering from psoriasis. If taken this medicine under doctor’s guidelines there are no any sides effects.
- Biologic Treatments : These work by blocking the body’s immune system (which is overactive in psoriasis) to better control the inflammation from psoriasis. Biologic medications include adalimumab, brodalumab (Siliq), certolizumab pegol (Cimzia) etanercept (Enbrel), guselkumab (Tremfya), infliximab (Remicade), ixekizumab (Taltz), secukinumab (Cosentyx), tildrakizumab (Ilumya), and ustekinumab (Stelara).
- Enzyme Inhibitor : The medication apremilast (Otezla) is a new kind of drug for long-term inflammatory diseases like psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. It’s a pill that blocks a specific enzyme, which helps to slow other reactions that lead to inflammation.
All the advance treatment required to treat psoriasis are available at Alpha hospital at much affordability. Our chief Dermatologist is well known for treating various kind of Psoriasis.